Saturday, June 20, 2015

Beginnings

I am a high school science teacher, and here I sit - my first day of summer vacation.  This was a tough year.  I went back to work when my daughter was 11 weeks old.  I cried every morning on my way to work for a month.  Throughout the year, I tried to find a work/life balance and it was hard!  Between being a teacher, a wife and now a mother, I had trouble finding time for myself.  Feeding myself, working out.  It's been a struggle.

It's 7am on a Saturday morning and we have been up for an hour.  My husband is at work, my 10 month old is on the floor eating her puffs out of a snack catcher (that she is learning how to use, so the dog is pretty happy right now too), and I am sitting here drinking my coffee in my pajamas.  I'm thinking to myself - this is what the next two months will look like.  Relaxed mornings and time that I did not have before.  I really have no excuses, do I?

I have been trying to start this blog for a while, but it never seems to get off the ground.  Just like my workout routine.  I start and don't follow through.  So this is my plan - workout and write about it.  Maybe it makes me more accountable?  Maybe not.  Either way, I'm going to try because this is a perfect time to get a routine going.  By the time I go back to school in September, it should be old hat.  Right?

I am currently 10lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight.  We are already talking about another one, but I'd like to get in some shape before that (even if just a little).  The first time I could have stood to lose a few before, and now I don't want it to snowball.  More importantly, I need to feel better about my body.  Having a daughter is a great responsibility.  She needs to have a mother that loves her body so she can love hers.

So here I go.  Day 1.  I'll tell you how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment